New Year Message
Greetings in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Welcome to the year 2018. Last year, the Lord greatly helped us with our theme as we let our lights shine before men. All glory be to God.
We thank God that the fellowship witnessed numerical and spiritual growth across the country. We are also grateful to Him that many new chapters came on board, and some existing ones were strengthened. Our joy is that all these outcomes impacted positively in the spiritual lives of our brethren who, despite the socio-economic situation in the country, were able to conduct national and chapter programmes. Also, the Lord answered our prayers by sustaining our brothers and sisters who are involved in counter insurgency operations in the North East and other parts of the country as well as their families. Indeed the Lord has been good to us.
As we appreciate God for every accomplishment of last year, we will continue to move further by establishing the brethren in the WORD of God and in fellowship, with love. The presence of brotherly love in our fellowship affirms that we are Christians. Love is the mark of a true disciple of Jesus Christ as He summed it up in His own words, “by this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one for another” (John 13:35)
Therefore, we need to show commitment to one another and especially to our families. In line with the above, the theme of the fellowship for 2018 is “Love One Another” (John 13:34)
From the National President
Love for one another
About NIGERIAN MILITARY CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP (NMCF)
The Nigerian Military Christian Fellowship is:
- an organisation of dedicated Christians committed to the total evangelisation and betterment of the Nigerian Armed and Paramilitary Forces and their community to the greater glory of Jesus Christ.
- to encourage its members in the performance of their lawful duties by demonstrating high level of obedience to God’s will and plan.
- to encourage its members to share Jesus Christ with fellow members of the Forces.
- to assist the military and paramilitary Chaplains in their effort to reach their immediate society with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- to encourage its members to pray for all personnel, families and dependents of the members of the Forces, that there may be love and peace, and that Jesus Christ may reign in the lives of the Nigerian Military and Paramilitary Society.
- to reach those military and paramilitary personnel who do not normally attend chapel services or activities, with the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the extension of practical Christianity into all nooks and corners of the Units by honourable and lawful means that shall give glory to God and edify the Church.